Sunday, September 21, 2008

The beginning...

I decided to start this blog because I thought it would be entertaining to some that I'm documenting and sharing my addiction. It all started harmlessly enough - I took a full time job at a super high end kids boutique about 10 years ago. While I was in and out of that store as an employee for all these years, it didn't start to affect my life until almost 3 years ago when that magical moment happened to me - I was having a baby. And not just any baby - a GIRL.
I think my body was genetically programmed to only accept a female egg because I had PINK on the brain. Suddenly all of these $100 items I sold other people for years were things that I had to have, whether I needed (or could afford) them or not.

I became eBay kid buying savvy real quick, let me tell you. The end result was a combo of the best current season items and favorites I've had over the years. That equals WAY more stuff than any girl could ever dream of wearing. We're talking 4-6 bins of clothing in every size.

I've gotten even smarter about it as Lili has gotten older - learned to appreciate the better price points (and resale value) of the more mainstream brands like Baby Gap, Gymboree, even Old Navy.

My goal for this blog is to share some of my favorite items and bargain finds for little girls - whether it's clothing, shoes, gear, WHATEVER! So enjoy!

No comments: